Ahhhhh.... I just got back from the MOST amazing spa resort in Scottsdale, Arizona. The best part about this trip? Dad paid for it!! NICE!! Well.. the flights and hotel. The drinks and food were on us. Anyhoo... Mom, Ronda, and I flew in Friday and stayed three nights. I think it was Ronda's and my idea to only stay three nights and that is probably my most ridiculous decision to date. Five nights may have been a little better. Okay, maybe six... We stayed at the
Firesky Resort & Spa. From the website I knew it was going to be nice but I was no where prepared for JUST HOW AWESOME that place was! I mean, you know it's amazing when they host a free wine hour each evening! The place has two pools and one pool even has it's own beach. Of course it had a pool bar complete with waitresses taking food and drink orders. I am going to blame that perk for my thighs rubbing together WAY too much since I've been home. Ronda and I even had swimming races and treaded water a couple times for 10 minutes a time to try to work some of it off. That only happened AFTER a few pina coladas though so that may have been a problem.
A conference called "Chicks Who Click" happened to be taking place the same time we were there. It was for women photographers and vendors. We met some of the nicest, most fun women and I am even Facebook friends with two of them now. They were a good time!!
Next year we're thinking we'll hit a spa resort in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We could actually drive there so we could make the road trip part of our vacation. I'm still not too sure if that's a good idea or not:-)
Our first night out. The resort had a courtesy Cadillac Escalade that would take you where ever you needed to go. That is definitely my next car! Oh yeah.. here is Mom & Ronda at dinner.

Mom & I


Ronda & I with THE best margaritas!

Mom & Ronda

Mom & I

Oh.. she is so sassy!

Oops... one too many drinks...


Ronda & I

The firepit

The beach! This picture just doesn't do it justice..

Our last night:-(

The 3 of us with our new friends Cristal & Betty
No comments:
Post a Comment