Today marks eight years that Ryan and I have been married and nine years total that we've been together. We have had quite the adventurous eight years of marriage with many ups and unfortunately, some downs. What is so comforting is that finally, after many years, we have both arrived at the same place in our faith in God and we understand that he carried us through it all and will continue to carry us through what is to come. So far we have survived four moves between two states, job changes, infertility, loss of loved ones, estrangement from some family members, and a job that would take Ryan away from the kids and myself for weeks at a time. But, we're still here! I wouldn't say we've conquered all of our issues but we just continue to pray everyday that somehow they get worked out.
On the PLUS side, we have experienced:
1. A move to Texas for a job that took us away from all of our family, yet led us to the best friendships we have made so far!
2. Although we struggled with infertility for over 3 years, had I not endured endless shots and tears, we wouldn't have the most precious twins, Hunter & Reagan!!!!
3. A move back to Colorado that brought us closer to our family. Now the twins can grow up with their cousins and Grandma's and Grandpa's.
4. The move also brought us to find the most amazing church with the most amazing congregation. We are very involved with the church and I am so happy the twins will witness that and will be part of a great church family.
It's still early so I know I'm missing more but I can always add on once I drink more coffee:-)
So.. here's to everyone who has supported us along the way and given us awesome memories to remember. Thank you! We are so grateful to have you in our lives!!
On the PLUS side, we have experienced:
1. A move to Texas for a job that took us away from all of our family, yet led us to the best friendships we have made so far!
2. Although we struggled with infertility for over 3 years, had I not endured endless shots and tears, we wouldn't have the most precious twins, Hunter & Reagan!!!!
3. A move back to Colorado that brought us closer to our family. Now the twins can grow up with their cousins and Grandma's and Grandpa's.
4. The move also brought us to find the most amazing church with the most amazing congregation. We are very involved with the church and I am so happy the twins will witness that and will be part of a great church family.
It's still early so I know I'm missing more but I can always add on once I drink more coffee:-)
So.. here's to everyone who has supported us along the way and given us awesome memories to remember. Thank you! We are so grateful to have you in our lives!!
A small glimpse into our lives so far....
Our honeymoon in Crested Butte, CO
Doesn't everyone go white-water rafting on their honeymoon??
Cabo San Lucas - November 2005
Our BIGGEST blessing! Hunter & Reagan November 28th, 2007
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary!!!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment