Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yes.. it really has been THAT week.. and it's only Tuesday....

I really don't even know where to start. Okay.. I guess I'll start with Sunday. Sunday was a fantastic day. It was my friend Stacy's 40th birthday so to follow tradition, we all went out to the Omni for a spa day. The day was so gloomy and not very warm but thankfully the outdoor pool was very warm and of course, so was the hot tub. We love it out there because they have an outdoor bar where you can sit and eat and drink. Well, while I was soaking up the (not so) sun rays, Ryan was at home with the twins and a sick dog. Yes, Lillie took it upon herself to vomit not once, not twice, but TEN times ALL over the house!! I know, I know.. you would think he would have locked her outside until she healed up but you don't understand how annoying (and LOUD) her bark can be. He did the absolute best he could to clean it all up, including the never-failing OxyClean... all to no avail. Thank goodness for carpet cleaning businesses because that is who I called. He came today and $260 later (yes.. I want to cry!), the carpet looks and smells much better.

Well... much earlier today, before the carpet man arrived, I walked upstairs to find the twins playing so joyfully together. Oh isn't that such a wonderful thought? Well now.. add in a HUGE jar of vaseline, sheets, a nightstand, and two 21-month-old's ENTIRE heads of hair and it's not such a wonderful thought now is it?! I am not lying when I say Reagan's head was covered in it. Hunter's new thing is to dump stuff in her hair and she just sits there and takes it! I was okay when it was just dirt.. but Vaseline?? COME ON NOW!!!! I know you think I laughed. Oh.. you are so wrong. I didn't cry but I was VERY close. I immediately got them in the tub and washed their hair THREE times! Nothing.. nothing came out!! So I got them out and ran down to search my trusty Google and found that I'm not the only one who has ever dealt with this trauma. The advice was corn starch. Ick!! So.. to Target I went because as most of you know I barely cook, let alone stock corn starch in the pantry!! Just a bit of advice if this ever happens to you... corn starch works!!! It's not all completely out but it is SO much better!!!

Reagan the grease ball (Maybe this is why the good Lord hasn't let her hair grow too much. He knew this was gonna happen!!)

Hunter the grease ball. His at least was just one side of his head.

Hmm... not thinking she was into the corn starch too much....
Okay.. maybe it's not so bad...
Hunter seriously can deal with anything thrown his way. Vaseline? Sweet. Corn starch? Bring it on baby!
He kinda looks like an Oompa Loompa.. only with white hair instead of orange. He's happy about it though!
I wonder what she's thinking of her brother right about now??


2nd bath of the day and the 4th hair wash. Ahh...


3 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

LOL. (Again) Sorry... but he's SO dang cute!!!

Anonymous said...

too bad you couldnt go to the spa AFTER @ this! You will look back and laugh!
-Kirsten

Susan P said...

That is sooooooooooooooooo funny!! I laughed out loud!
On a side note, it is never good when they are playing "quietly". Last night, Landon was playing "quietly". I walked in the dining room 10 mins later to see what he was doing and he was on top of the table and had taken everything out of my purse, thrown everything on the floor and then emptied my 3 vases that had about 10000 tiny little decorative balls. I wanted to take a picture, but Rich wouldn't let me. He said that would be teaching him it was okay. arghhhhhh