Monday, September 28, 2009

22 Months and counting... too fast!

I really don't want the next two months to go by very fast. I only get two more months to say my babies age in "months". I guess I could say they're 48 months when they're four years old but I'm thinking that might sound a bit goofy.

The twins have changed so much in just the past month. They are talking like crazy and can do so much now. Of course they think they can do much more than I'd like them to, but I'm sure that's just a sign of the future with them. Here's a short (kinda) rundown:

Reagan says: Mommy, Daddy, Mama (what she calls my mom.. Reagan made that up on her own and my mom is very worried to take her out alone anywhere for fear people will think my 62 year old mother has a 22 month old child!), Boppy (my dad), Boppa (Ryan's dad-again, she made both up on her own), shoes, RaRa (my sister Ronda), Mimi (Jan, her grammy) doggie, Melmo (Elmo), Dorothy (Elmo's goldfish), E.I.E.I. (she hasn't added the "O" on yet), milk, icky, please, fishy, bye bye (with a Miss USA wave to go along with it-picture wrist, wrist, elbow, elbow), uh oh, and even more that I can't think of right now.

Hunter says: Mommy, Daddy, Bobby (again for Dad and Ryan's dad), Nanny (what he termed my mom), bike, please, no no, whoa (hang ten there buddy), bye, and his favorite... UH OH! And when he says "uh oh" you darn well better believe the boy means it. There are some more but again, I can't think of them all at the moment.

Some of the things they do now include: sliding down their slide, walking up and down the stairs like big kids (they don't even need me which isn't such a good feeling for Mommy), Hunter helping Daddy with all his projects, Reagan helping Mommy with laundry and dusting, going with Mommy outside everyday to get the mail, playing with Thomas (more Reagan than Hunter), watching Thomas and Elmo (definitely more Reagan than Hunter), scooting the chairs up to the counter while Mommy isn't looking and grabbing anything they can get their pudgy little hands on, reading books, rock hunting, and on and on (again).

I do have to admit that I can't remember much of what life was like before these little cuties were in it, but I do know that it wasn't even close to being this fulfilled. I never knew two 22 month olds could bring so much joy and laughter (and yes... a bit of stress) to my life. I love you so, so much Hunter & Reagan!

1 comment:

HeltonTexas said...

twice the fun, all the time!
Cutie pies!!!