Monday, January 18, 2010

Way Back Texas! With a little Pat Green...

Saturday night we went to the Grizzly Rose to see Pat Green. The Stock Show is in town so the good guys always come to the Rose during this time of year. I am very bummed that I won't be able to see Cross Canadian Ragweed w/Randy Rogers Band this Friday!! Ryan will be out of town. Anyhoo.. Mom, Dad, Ronda, Gary, Austin, Ryan, and I all went out for a honky tonk Saturday night and had a blast! Mom and Dad NEVER go out. No.. you seriously don't understand. They NEVER go out! So this night was extra special. I even got to dance with my dad. I don't think I've danced with him since our wedding which was 7 1/2 years ago! We got there before the doors opened because we had to have a table AND a good table at that. It was a good table and good fun for about 3 hours, then the place was packed. I know I'm getting old because the band (not Pat Green) was SO loud and that many people just annoyed me. So.. the next time we go, we'll just go early to eat and listen to good radio music and dance! Oh.. and Ryan and I are going to take dance lessons. He FINALLY gave in!!!

Dad is ready to roll!

Austin ready to go pick up some chicks (his term)
If any of you know my dad, you know that he doesn't go anywhere without his "wheelie cool".
I cannot tell you how hard it is to get a picture of these two. GOT IT!
Ronda showing Austin her old moves from back in the day. The Grizzly Rose truly was her 2nd home. She was just missing the permed hair and purple mascara this time. Oh.. and she dated a bouncer at the Rose once named Sonny.. and he had a mullet.. But he was HOTT!
You have no idea how much she liked her new t-shirt.
No idea.... (she's got the ugly laugh going on here)


She reeaaallly liked her new tshirt!
Ronda and her friend Kristen



No, Dad is not getting ready to duke it out. I promise he's holding Mom's hand!



I had to join in on her t-shirt excitement.
Ahhh... they're so darn cute. 44 years they've been married!!!
This girl came up to Ronda and I and asked if she could dance with Austin. She was so sweet and man, could she dance!!

Then her friend wanted to dance with him too!
All night I kept telling Austin to sit up and look "manly" (he's a sloucher). But look at the 2 pics above! Obviously it worked!!! :-)


This is Mom and Dad after the cover band started. It seriously was so freaking loud!!!

What a joker this boy is!

So.. we had the closest table to the stage and this is what it looked like when Pat Green came out. That's him on the right. PACKED!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun! I wish I were there in my boots w/ you!-KT

Susan P said...

Awwww, how much fun?!? Cracking up at Austin...how embarrassing to be surrounded by old people trying to hook you up! Looks like it worked! I totally understand the loud thing. We met Rich's sister for dinner in the Stockyards Saturday night. They were going to Billy Bob's to see a concert that started at 10:30!!! Rich and I were home and in bed at 10:30!