Mom, Ronda, and I left for Vegas this past Monday and got home Wednesday night. We had a total blast. We stayed at Mandalay Bay and luckily we got Monday to hang out by the pool. We got to Vegas at 8 in the morning so we hit the pool first thing. Needless to say though, Vegas is NOT as cheap as it used to be. We got a great rate on our room but the food and drinks there were insane! Luckily the next day, we found some Fat Tuesday's and got our BIG margaritas from there! Case in point: Tuesday we walked the strip and shopped at the shops in Planet Hollywood. Everyone knows just how "frugal" I am, yet after one BIG margarita I was a shopping fool as was Ronda! Mom is always going to make sure we're juiced up before we all go shopping because she had a blast with us since we were actually spending money! Later that night we went to the American Superstars show at the Stratosphere. It was so much fun! It was an impersonation show with Elvis (of course!), Tim McGraw, Rod Stewart, Christina Aguilara, and Michael Jackson. I couldn't believe how they all looked and sounded exactly like the originals. If you ever go to Vegas, I highly recommend this show!
This trip was for my mom's 60th birthday even though her 60th was a year and a half ago. At that time my sister and I were big and pregnant and we weren't in the shape to go anywhere! So we just turned the trip into my mom's 60th, Ronda's 40th (she turned 40 yesterday!) and my upcoming 30th (AAGH!).
Yes, I know I've been a few days off of my 30-day blog challenge. I really should have started it after our trip. Oh well:-)
View from our room 29320
Whenever we got in the elevator, the TV would come on showing Taylor Swift coming to MB. EVERY time Ronda would say "look, Taylor Swift is coming here." So... this is our inside joke picture:-)
Our first dinner out at the New York New York
Ronda with Tim from American Superstars.
Ronda with Michael from American Superstars. He was hilarious!!



Evidently this was a gross Elvis. I didn't know that until AFTER I had my pic taken with him!

These Mike's Hard Lemonade's were HUGE! It was very fun drinking wherever you wanted!


Not sure what was up with my face but I can tell you I was VERY excited to get my gamble on! I think Mom digging in her purse is classic! She likes to get her gamble on as well:-)

I think this was the only "normal" (see further below) picture of all 3 of us.

After American Superstars with our "cayab driva" Matt

Most of our pictures ended up like this: The "everyone lean in close and hope the aim is right" picture.

Judging from the look on Ronda's face, she must have known this was a gross Elvis! HA!

3 comments:
looks like a really fun girl trip...how nice for you to get to do that!
I am so JEALOUS!!!
Cute pictures!! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I'm sure you hear this a lot, but you all look so much alike!
Post a Comment