I'm hosting a Tastefully Simple party tonight and part of the preparation is making some dips, drinks, etc.. You have no idea how simple Tastefully Simple food is to make. Each food item only requires adding 1 or 2 ingredients such as sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, or some sort of alchohol. Well for normal people, these tasks would be very easy. For me, on the other hand, I am almost always destined to screw something up. I'm sure I just wasn't meant to ever be in the kitchen, no matter how simple the baking should be. It all started with the drink buckets. I am making a Tiki Mai Tai drink and Pomegranate Blueberry Margaritas. The mix comes in a bucket and all you have to do is add rum to the Mai Tai bucket, tequila to the margarita bucket and water to both. Here's the clincher... they needed to be added YESTERDAY so they could freeze overnight. So say a prayer that 11 hours is enough time for them to freeze because of course the drinks are the thing I'm looking forward to the most tonight! The next screwup came while making the Key Lime Cheeseball. The directions say to add the #1 packet to 4 oz of cream cheese. Very simple, right? Well, the girl-who-doesn't-belong-in-a-kitchen added BOTH the #1 and #2 packet to the cream cheese. So, now the mix looks like green cream cheese with brown boogers mixed in it. The #2 packet is the graham cracker crumbs that is supposed to go ON the cheeseball, not IN it. Ugh... I think I'll just blame the mistakes on the two toddlers who were yanking at my legs while I was trying to make it. I can't really blame the drink mistake on them though..dang! The good news is that the other 5 dips, beer bread, and the chocolate chip toffee almond cookies turned out great! I must have paid attention to their simple directions.
P.S. My friend Susan challenged me to a 30 day blog challenge. So far I'm 3 days in and doing okay. There probably won't be any pictures today though... Well, I guess I could take a picture of the brown booger cheeseball!! :-)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!
I'm so proud of all your posting.
Post a Comment