Monday, August 16, 2010

Cabo San Lucas 2010

I like how I put 2010 in the title as if I'm planning on making it a yearly thing. Wait! It's okay to dream!! We are already planning our vaca next year but we're not quite sure where to yet. A very cool family at our resort recommended the Iberostar in Riviera Maya. The one with the lazy river and waterslide. They had me hooked at lazy river so I'm currently checking that one out. As long as it has an awesome kids club I think we'll be good!

Ryan and I just got back from 5 days in Cabo yesterday afternoon. To say we had an amazing time would just be an understatement. I had no idea how much I needed that break until I was able to go nonstop all day today cleaning the house and playing with the kids whenever they wanted me to. Talk about refreshed! I'm not sure that Ryan feels as refreshed as me but add a fulltime job and more than fulltime college courses to the mix and I can pretty much understand why he may not feel quite as energized as myself. We stayed at the Melia Cabo Real in Los Cabos which was an all-inclusive resort and in my book, the only way to go. Not only do you walk away having eaten and drank ALL you could ever want but you get the grand prize of added pounds too! Awesome! Good thing I'm no good at making Pina Colada's, Miami Vice's, or Blue Hawaiian's or I'd be in big trouble!

I read an entire book, 'The Memory Keeper's Daughter, which was one of the best books I have read so far. I also read about 3/4 of Randy Pausch's 'The Last Lecture'. Both books made me think long and hard about the way I live my life and I seriously feel like I came back a changed person. We spent the entire time parked in a lounger right by the pool. It was perfect. Ryan got a little bored so he booked us for a sunset dinner cruise on our last night. It lasted 2.5 hours and I had a great time for the last half hour, you know, after I puked my guts up twice. I even took Dramamine! I was still able to dance the Macarena and some other way-too-cool dances before all was said and done.


Oh.. and obviously, we didn't lose our heads. We did pass a Mexican military vehicle loaded with soldiers who were proudly waving their big machine guns all around. Nice. Guess that's better than a drug cartel with machine guns AND machetes!!


Welcome margaritas! Oh, we had arrived!!!


Bottoms up!
Yes, this is how pictures are when you don't go with anyone else. "OK Ryan, smile. Okay, now take a picture of me."
Of course you can always resort to self pics. Not too shabby I'd say!
This is how Ryan "read" his book. Isn't the minimum age for "books on tape" at least 50??
See? We are great at these self pics!View from our room. Cheaping out and only paying for "garden view" paid off. The ocean was pretty much right there and we were only within feet of the pool!



Thank you Alberto for taking a non-self pic of us:-) Oh, and HUGE thanks for your awesome drinks!
This is at the marina in Cabo. This yacht is docked there and it's from Casper, Wyoming! My hometown! Someone did it right there... not my family evidently! They've got to be a golfer because "Wildcatter" is a huge golf tournament in Casper every year.

Before we went on our cruise. I'm smiling so big!
And... not smiling so big. This picture makes me laugh so hard because my sunglasses are crooked and barely on my nose. Ugh... I felt like crap!
This picture was taken in between pukes. I was holding on to the rail at just the right Kodak moment!

Truly undescribable.
One huge perk from Ryan's old traveling days is his first class upgrades. I have never, ever been in first class but Ryan talks like it's second nature. Sigh... But, he had enough upgrades for us to fly first class on the way home. Holy moly. Talk about being treated like royalty! I was just happy with the insane amount of legroom. I had no idea there was anything better to come!

My very first time... and probably my last!

It could have been a 10 hour flight and I wouldn't have cared! Talk about comfort!
What? Warm nuts? I don't even like nuts but they were pretty darn good all warmed up. And look! Coke in a real glass! We don't even use real glasses at home!! Okay, sometimes we do. Definitely not in the summer though:-)
"Here's your turkey melt & minestrone Mrs. Edwards". Okay, they could have done without the Mrs. Edwards part. That kinda made me feel old.
Yeah, Ryan said he'd had this salad before.. in first class... a few times. Oh, he's soooo cool now isn't he? I'm just a coach kind of girl I guess.

1 comment:

Susan P said...

Looks like a great time! I'm so ready to be NOT pregnant and take a trip :)