Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Big Boy/Girl Beds!!!

I finally came to the conclusion that it is time to put Hunter & Reagan in big kid beds. I am not lying when I say that I wanted them in their cribs until they were at least three. I think we could have made that work had they not had the luxury of sleeping in their own big beds at my parents house while we were in Mexico. After we came back, we could seriously hear them slam their heads and feet into the sides of their cribs while they were moving in their sleep. They weren't sleeping good and were waking up way too grumpy for my liking.

They have convertible cribs which convert into full size beds. We originally were going to buy two full size mattress sets but then remembered that my old queen bed set is in our basement so we moved that to Reagan's room. I LOVE to save money!! It will also be nice to have a queen bed in case we get any visitor's (Texas peeps this means YOU!!!). I ordered Hunter's bedding set today and I cannot wait until it gets here! It's perfect!! I am having THE hardest time finding bedding for Reagan. It's all so expensive so it has to be just right or I'm not buying it. Luckily it's summer so sheets and her small blanket work just fine for now.

Up until tonight the transition has been okay. Tonight though, I have seen lights flicker on and off upstairs, toilets flush, radios blast, footsteps thump all above me, and on and on. It sounds now that I have put an end to it. It's finally quiet!!


I waited a loooong time before I went upstairs to take pics of their first night in their new beds. She should have been fast asleep by then. Of course, not so!
"Hi Mom"
Yes Reagan, I busted you wide awake!
It doesn't take this little man much to crash hard.

No comments: