Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My 30th Birthday Surprise Spa Party!!

This past Friday, Melissa picked me up for what was supposed to be just dinner out for the two of us. We were going to go to the Orchard and eat while watching the live bands. When we got in the car, Melissa told me she forgot something at her house (she just lives a couple blocks away) and needed to go there real quick. Here comes the funniest part that seriously makes me laugh every time I think about it. We pull into her driveway and she gets out of the car. Well, I just laid my head back and shut my eyes. I was just going to "rest" while she went in. She turned around and asked "are you just going to stay in the car?" Me: "yeah, I'll just wait here". HAHA!!! I can't imagine what she was thinking! So she eventually got me to come in saying that Cade (her 2 year old son) would be upset if I didn't go in to see him. Well of course that worked! So she opens the door and "SURPRISE!!" Holy crap!! I had NO idea!!! I can honestly say that! There have only been a couple of other surprises for me in my day but Ryan usually slips up to give at least part of the surprise away (sorry Ryan!). It's usually him rushing around like a mad man trying to get somewhere on time and he just never does that normally:-)

So... there they all are! My dearest friends!! All there for ME!!! Melissa, Mom, Ronda, Amy T., Amy K., Jami, Kelly, and Christina (Stacy showed up later). I was shocked! I learned later that I actually looked mad..HAHA!! I was no where near mad! I think I just stood there with my mouth open trying to figure out how in the world they all pulled it off!! But, it wasn't over yet!! The girls grabbed the food off of the counter and we all went downstairs to Melissa's basement (yes, it's finished:-) ) and there was an entire spa set up!! A manicurist, pedicurist (is that even a word?), and an esthetician for facials! Unbelievable! I was able to have a pedicure while sitting on the couch chatting it up with everyone and enjoying a margarita! The girls also treated me to a facial which I really think was the best facial I have ever had! Thank you guys SO, SO, SO much!!!

Now to the funniest part... by the end of the night, we had all purchased tickets to the Poison, Def Leppard, Cheap Trick concert in August! Classic!!
It's so awesome having a professional photog for a friend!

Melissa and I
Jami, Brecken, and I
All the sassy girls!

2 comments:

Susan P said...

awwwwwwwwwwww, how much fun!!!! Happy 30th!

Ali and Eric said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great time.