Friday, August 15, 2008

Finally... some Safari decor

So after talking to my friend Kirsten last week, I finally got on the ball and began decorating Hunter's room. I started with Hunter's because Reagan always seems to come first. You know the saying "the squeakiest wheel gets the grease"? Yup, that's Reagan, and Hunter always sits back and let's it all happen. He is so mellow it's amazing!! Anyways, so I was talking to Kirsten and she asked me if I had decorated their rooms yet. I told her no, and I could totally hear the disappointment in her voice. She had a good reason to be! It's fine time we decorate their nurseries... I mean they are almost 9 months old!!! So I took his blanket in to good 'ol reliable Lowes and had them match the brownish/tannish color. So that's what I started with. I have a plan but I'm not telling you yet. I have to make sure it turns out first:-) So here are the pictures of the first step. Two more days and we should be done. By the way, Ryan didn't help me at all!!! But... I did spill an entire gallon of paint all over the floor. Luckily I had a drop cloth down!! Not too bad for my first time! Okay, now I have to admit something. My mom did come over to do the edging:-) She could sense by my tone on the phone I was about ready for a breakdown!!




No comments: